Tuesday, January 24

Oh don't don't don't get out

The only reason I'm not in bed yet is because I don't want my weekend to be over. Because I know this week is going to zip right past me, and before I've even had a chance to bundle up the toiletries, it will be Sunday and there will be a big U-Haul truck sitting right outside. I want to get it over with, but I'm just not ready yet. We got a lot done today, but there's still so much to be done. Little piddly stuff awaits, like cleaning out the kitchen cabinets and gathering up cords and whatnot.

Thinking positive. We're not driving halfway across the state this time. We can make several trips if needed, so there's no risk of forgetting anything. We can come back the day after the move and do all the cleaning then, instead of having to clean as furniture is moved and taken away.

It's going to work. It's going to be okay. Just got to get it over with.

Tonight we had our last big meal here. Phil grilled lemon pepper chicken and made all the soul-food fixins to go with it. It was superb, as always. The cat stared at us through the whole meal.

6 Comments:

Blogger nashgirl said...

How are you going to split up the animals? Will one of be reduced to weekends only for snuggling on the ferrets? I hope you get them.

Tue Jan 24, 08:44:00 AM  
Blogger Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

Good luck with the move. Let us know how it goes.

Tue Jan 24, 08:51:00 AM  
Blogger Aunt B said...

And how will you factor in your nomination for a Kofax? Will you have time to celebrate?

Tue Jan 24, 04:53:00 PM  
Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

you do have a good blog. it makes mine look like a steaming pile of shit.

Tue Jan 24, 05:29:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Kristin: I know Howey's going with Phil, but we're not 100 percent sure who the ferrets are going with. I'm wondering if Phil's apartment is going to be tougher to ferret-proof than mine, even though I've already declared to my landlord that I won't have any pets. We'll probably end up doing the joint custody thing, just because neither of us wants to part with them. I can't wait to hear how their scuttling sounds on hardwood floors.

Cheryl, thanks! I'm not going to have much of an internet outage, so I'm sure I'll be updating like mad when the unpacking gets to me.

Aunt B, wow, that's really cool! I saw you on there too. We're in very good company, from the looks of it. Very, very cool.

Fritz, take one good long look at your Sitemeter stats vs. mine and then tell me whose blog is more widely valued by more people. Steaming pile of shit, my ass. I still owe you a banner design, though. Someday, someday.

Tue Jan 24, 06:17:00 PM  
Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

Or a steaming pile of shit coming out of your ass.

Wed Jan 25, 02:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home