Tuesday, August 9

[Somebody's watchin' me]
Sometimes I check the ol' hit counter to see who's been viewing the blog and I always get a kick out of what SiteMeter tells me.

For example, more than a couple of people have found their way here by Google- or Yahoo-searching info on gang initiations involving Wal-Mart. I like to think if there's ever a resource for that kind of crap, it's here. Another has found his/her way here by searching for "onion + genetically modified farm." Can't say I've ever discussed anything remotely similar to that, but I like a challenge. And some poor soul got here by searching for "girlfriend still in hig." I'm not touching that one.

I also sit and wistfully wonder who (alliteration, bitches!) views this humble little blog on the west coast. And in the midwest. And in Russia. (Though my Russian visitor hasn't been here in a while, I've noticed.) I know someone from California
is reading. Possibly right now. If so, hi! I mean, cowabunga. That's what people in California say, right?

+++
Salon has a good interview with Lauren Ambrose. I don't want to spoil SFU's latest goings-on for anyone, so I won't say anything. Even about how sad I was reading just the TWoP message boards. Okay, that's all.

3 Comments:

Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

How much does Site Meter cost?

Wed Aug 10, 12:04:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

As the antichrist, Karl Rove can do anything.

Joey, it's free! God bless America, Coca Cola, the internets and chastity belts. Amen.

Wed Aug 10, 02:07:00 PM  
Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

You mean the corporate-buyers haven't already snatched up SiteMeter like vultures gnawing on the last bone of a dead gopher?

Thu Aug 11, 10:28:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home