Thursday, March 24

[Sorry, I don't do sloppy seconds]
So the American version of The Office premiers tonight at 8:30 central on NBC and I've got Phil on assignment to watch it and give me a play-by-play when I get home. Oh, Tivo, why dost thou cost so much?

I'm hoping for it to be a success in its own right, because I really don't entertain any notions of it duplicating the utter brilliance of the British version. American comedy is presently too clunky for such awkward subtlety. Not that I don't enjoy my share of clunky comedy. I love Steve Carell. He made a Daily Show appearance last night, I imagine to remind people of his existence so they'll remember to watch the new show. I'm really afraid that the newfound fear of FCC fines might cause NBC to leech out all the funny.

2 Comments:

Blogger nashgirl said...

Tell me what Phil says because I'd be interested to know as well. I am totally afraid that Americans aping British humor will turn into a disaster.

Fri Mar 25, 08:31:00 AM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Argh! He didn't watch it because he "didn't feel like it." So I guess we'll have to wait for a rerun marathon. If that's even a possibility.

Fri Mar 25, 01:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home