Wednesday, February 16

[We know who our enemies are]
Apparently the only thing that can get me out of bed before 8 is a stomach ache. Squick.

I enjoyed my two days off. I didn't do much, naturally. I really wanted to go downtown and eat somewhere on Valentine's Day, but I never could convince Phil that we should leave sterile suburbia for the one-way streets and parallel parking of downtown. He said he didn't want to take his big boat of a car. Wimp.

He finally started applying at places to work yesterday. I've been nagging him constantly, and I know I've annoyed him greatly about it, but I'm just looking out for the team here. When his tax refund runs out in two weeks, we're going to be back to living on my paycheck alone, and while my paycheck is a little bit fatter than it used to be, it's not fat enough to cover both our new living expenses plus the old bills from M'boro that still need to be paid. Plus the rent, which is coming up in two weeks. So I put myself out on the bitchy naggy girlfriend limb to be his voice of reality reason.

We bought a screen for the fireplace and finally got to take down the boxes that were keeping the ferrets out. So far, they've only pushed and scratched at it, but not enough to budge it.

Amber and Whitney are coming to visit this weekend. I'm excited to see them, but I wish I didn't have to work the whole time. And I think Kristin, Nick, Brandon, and another Sidelines kid are passing through Thursday on their way to a conference in Louisiana, so we'll probably do lunch. It will be good to see some familiar faces.

The site redesign is moving along. I bought an HTML (and XHTML and CSS) book and am slogging through it with the speed of Atreyu through the Swamp of Sadness. And speaking of the Neverending Story, while Googling Atreyu to make sure I spelled it right, I found out that Jonathan Brandis, the object of my pre-adolescent affection for many years, killed himself in 2003. Does anyone remember him as a cross-dressing soccer player in Ladybugs, also starring Rodney Dangerfield? God, how depressing.

1 Comments:

Blogger phallicpen said...

That's really sad.

Did you know that The Neverending Story was originally a book, and apparently a really good one? I tried just yesterday to bid on a copy on eBay, but it was up to $40.

Wed Feb 16, 03:38:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home