Tuesday, February 1

[Perfectly symmetrical violence won't solve anything]
We have internet now. And lots of ghetto cords connecting the cable modem to a far wall. Why is it that apartment architects have massive brain farts when plotting cable outlets, placing them in the most inconvenient places possible? I can see them brainstorming in their grey little offices: "You know, if we put the cable outlet inside the fireplace, everyone wins."

Yesterday was my first day at work. It went really well. Everyone is really nice and helpful, and the system we use looks to be legions better than Harris, and as easy to understand as Quark. I have my own computer and desk area, as well as a phone, a three-drawer filing cabinet, and half a shelf. I laid out half a sports page, and was able to find my way around the editing/design programs well enough to not crash the whole system. The programs seem fairly intuitive.

The maintenance people finally came and fixed our heat ... I think. Now, hopefully, we won't have to bundle up just to come downstairs.

4 Comments:

Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

I'm glad to see that things are working well for the transplanted Memphis-ian. (Is that how you say it? Memphis-ian?) This dude who tried to sleep with me claimed to hail from Memphis. And as I turned him down, I couldn't help but to think of Lindsey Turner.

Tue Feb 01, 03:23:00 PM  
Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

About the hailing from Memphis. Not about turning you down for sex.

Tue Feb 01, 03:24:00 PM  
Blogger Cheryl, Indiana, Shingo and Molly said...

So glad that your move and job are going well. Please stay in touch. How can I con you to build me a super cool animal blog??? Hmmmmmm?

Wed Feb 02, 12:33:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Hey Cheryl! I'm slowly trying to learn how to manipulate blog templates, but I'm not very good at it. What sort of animal blog are you looking for?

Wed Feb 02, 02:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home