Sunday, January 16

[I am having a love affair with this ice cream sandwich]
Why didn't someone force me to watch "Arrested Development" earlier?

A columnist crapped out so I was commissioned earlier today to write a column for Sidelines. Because I have nothing of import to impart, it was a challenge. Plus, I've never been a very confident columnist anyway. Looking back, I should have kept my keyboard shut on more than one occasion. Or maybe I should've just used the editorial space to espouse my opinions, since it's technically unsigned. Wait, I did that a couple of times. Mmmm, the power of the press.

Today I worked for a little while. Got a haircut. Well, a slight trim, anyway. I had a rattail thing going and had no idea until I was cleaning up the dressing room today and saw it in the three-way mirror. Did my friends hide this from me on purpose, or did they think I was trying to make a fashion statement? This girl I work with has been saying, "Gosh, your hair grows so fast!" to me for weeks. Maybe that was what she was getting at.

Posters are coming off the walls. Magnets, including our space poetry, are off the fridge. That was tough to do. We've got to tackle the walk-in closet, and it's quite the beast. A week from tomorrow is the big day.

I had hoped the Kids could get together to Swim tonight for one last hurrah before I move and Amber goes back to New York, but Cox is tired and Amanda has family things to do. That's okay; there's still time. And Joey, I know you're reading. We'll get together some time next week. What's your class schedule?

3 Comments:

Blogger J. R. said...

So some guy was Pres of Raider Republicans when he was the editor of Sidelines? Why was that allowed? I'm confused.

Tue Jan 18, 02:18:00 PM  
Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

You want to go with Amber and me to see Ray Lamontagne? It's Sunday at 9:00 at 3rd and Lindsley.

Tue Jan 18, 03:28:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Hey, we'll see how the packing goes. Since we're leaving Monday, if I've made significant headway by Sunday night, I'm game. But if I'm frazzled and things are still unpacked, then I doubt I'll be able to have any fun.

Wed Jan 19, 12:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home