Thursday, June 24

[For your sake I hope heaven and hell are really there, but I wouldn't hold my breath]
It's decided. I want to work in the features section and work day shift. Breeze in at 10, leave at 6. Always work a day ahead of schedule -- Tuesday for Thursday's paper, etc. I'm done with deadlines. Seriously. Leave those to the people who drink coffee and don't mind grinding their teeth when they sleep. I'm happy to spend the rest of my life laying out photos of cakes and casseroles and home decor and wedding gowns and all those things that go in a features section.

Ugh. I'm tired. I've been at work since 10:30 this morning, and it's time for me to go, but I've been asked to stay since someone called in sick. Mmm, sweet overtime pay. One of my co-workers told me today that there were several people around here who are really impressed with me. That was a much-needed confidence boost, even if I know that acknowledging his words by repeating them here guarantees that I will jinx myself and A) catch the building on fire or B) get fired for talking about my job on this blog.

1 Comments:

Blogger nashgirl said...

NOOOOOOO!!!! Don't give in, Lindsey! That's just what they want you to do.

The features section will suck you of all your dry wit and charm. You'll come home from a long day of laying out puppy adoption collages and child cancer stories, and you know what? The Daily Show just won't be funny anymore. You won't be able to laugh at the Strangers With Candy episode, "Retardation, a Celebration."

Do you really want that? Is it really worth a few more hours sleep in the morning? For the love of God, don't succumb.

Sat Jun 26, 08:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home