Tuesday, December 2

Quieting the roar of doom
I am in love and his name is The Voice of Doug Martsch. I could marry The Voice and Phil could sleep over and listen to The Voice sing to me. Perhaps The Voice could teach Phil some tricks of the poetic trade. Or maybe The Voice would be kind enough to front Phil's grand idea for a band?

I am writing a lot lately. Not necessarily good stuff, but stuff nonetheless. And by 'a lot,' I mean about two poems a week. I recently signed on to 100 Words to further juice the shit out of my creativity. It's probably a good idea to just try and write 100 words every single day. I've gotten rusty and have become a little intimidated by the pen. But I'll bounce back. I can't not write. I've written that before. I meant it then, in the pre-blogging days, and I mean it now.

Things are up this week. I am back in my comfort zone and the sunshine is helping my countenance. I missed Phil pathetically this weekend. It's not often that we're away from each other for days at a time. And now that we're reunited, we're a dangerous duo.

I am completing projects with relative ease. What's left, you say? I need to burn a CD portfolio for design class. I need to create a bound print portfolio for design class. I need to tidy up the loose ends of the reading I've neglected for my philosophy final next week. Studying should be done for my ethics final Thursday. I have a sheet of terms to define to prepare for the Women and Film final Monday. Could that be it? Oh, light at the end of the tunnel, I see a glint of you!

Just for fun, here's the Friday Five.

1. Do you like to shop? Why or why not?
No. Malls and department stores are always hot and I can't stand walking around and sweating, trying to concentrate on being a good consumer. Also, I never have any extra money to just go spend. I might enjoy shopping if I had the kind of financial stability to support such a wretched hobby.

2. What was the last thing you purchased?
I bought some uber-secret xmas gifts for friends online. No divulging here, kids.

3. Do you prefer shopping online or at an actual store? Why?
Online shopping rocks my world, because I can do it at work and I can find almost anything I need on the 'net. The shipping charges get my grits, though.

4. Did you get an allowance as a child? How much was it?
Ummm...I don't think I got an allowance per se, but I got about $20 at the start of each week for lunch in high school. But my parents were never really uptight about money. If I needed it and it was legit, they would fork it over. Which was awesome.

5. What was the last thing you regret purchasing?
I guess it would have to be some clothes I bought from Old Navy (online!) that I don't really wear because my flabulous figure isn't flattered by the cut of the fabric. I know better than to shop for clothes online, but when you can't make it to a store during business hours, you do what you can to get buy (pardon the pun!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home