Sunday, February 17

A dilemma

My mother's appointment in Nashville tomorrow is at 7 a.m. Nashville is, on a good day, a two-and-a-half-hour drive from here. Factoring in I-40 madness (of which there is always at least a little) and Nashville morning traffic, I doubt we'll be able to make it in less than three. Which means we need to leave at 4 a.m. Which means I would need to get up at 3 a.m. to get ready.

Which means, if I went to bed right now -- hit publish and hit the sack -- I'd sleep for three hours and get up.

The catch is, I'm waiting on laundry to get done. Laundry I have to have done because I need something to wear tomorrow.

[Yes, I should have done laundry earlier, but I've been caught up in the gripping web of home movies since 6 p.m. and wasn't thinking about my laundry. Stop trying to run my life, internet!]

Plus I don't think I could go to sleep right now anyway. I've only been up for fourteen hours or so. And I've got lots of videos left to watch.

So.

Do I wait on my last load to wash (could be thirty more minutes) and throw it in the dryer and get two hours of sleep?

Or do I power through on no sleep, drink a lot of coffee tomorrow morning, and hope I don't crash around noon?

This would be moot if my mother were driving tomorrow. She's not. I am.

Counsel me, internet. Ignore what I said up there about not running my life. I need you. Come back to me, baby.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home