Sunday, October 14

Day 286 — Skull

[for Saturday, Oct. 13]

skull -- oct 13

Finally, it's time to pull the Halloween decorations out of the closet. My beloved purple lights are dead, but I think it would be worth it to replace them. The spider lights are, of course, already up. And only one of my bloody gel things still has some stickiness to it. Perhaps I should stock up on those as well.

I'm thinking of doing a duo or trio of pumpkins. Jack and Sally, perhaps (although I will never, ever be able to outdo my 2004 Jack Skellington pumpkin), or the Three Stooges, or maybe a see-no-evil/hear-no-evil/speak-no-evil trio. Or, if I'm feeling plucky, Woodward and Bernstein.

Okay, or not.

Last year's pumpkin was unspeakably lame, so I'm really going to have to make up for it this year.

Let the brainstorming begin.

Project 365

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice. I'm not sure what I'm doing with this year's pumpkins either. I'm thinking of painting one totally black after I carve the face so only the eyes and mouth would be orange. I usually procrastinate til the pumpkin is in front of me, and then I toast the seeds and munch them while I carve whatever lame-ass idea pops into my head first. I used to be better at this.

Sun Oct 14, 12:01:00 PM  
Blogger phallicpen said...

How about a classic horror film figure? Your neighbors (and their children) need to remember that Freddy's still out there.

Sun Oct 14, 12:12:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got some badass skills! Your such an amazing woman. I still think you should try the radiohead bear. Maybe to much for the limted tools we have but still worth a shoot. I'm going to buy us a carving set when we get the pumpkin? I'm looking foward to helping you!

-Phil

Sun Oct 14, 12:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ya, that should say "shot" and there should be no question mark after pumpkin. Damn robots. Always makin' me look bad.

-P

Mon Oct 15, 06:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home