Thursday, July 5

Day 186 — Ferocious

ferocious — July 5

The cats have beaten the crap out of me today. After the post about sleep this morning, I managed to get back to bed for an additional hour of sleep, which we all know is kind of like subtracting three hours from your overall total, because it's just so pointless.

Being on the computer is now officially a treacherous task to undertake, since the cats apparently think that if I am sitting in the chair, I am to be clawed and scaled and climbed as if I am part of it. My beloved computer chair, which is only a year and a half old, is starting to look shredded and ratty, with bits of thread hanging out, creating further opportunities for feline aggression-emptying. I'll be sitting here, typing away, and I'll feel the sting of ten claws in my leg as one of the two decides he/she would like to sit in my lap/climb my back/attack my boob/thwack my hair. My cute new terry-cloth lounge pants look like a skanky washrag now, with loops of cotton hanging slack all over. My skin makes it look like I'm a cutter who's too timid to do anything but scratch the surface.

I've got photographic proof of the ferocity, at least.

Project 365

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger sarah saint said...

Have you considered putting them in crates at night? Not chicken crates. Big, roomy crates. Like how you're supposed to train puppies.

Well, no, 'cause then they couldn't get to the litter box. Blargh.

None of my kitties have been that rambunctious. Mercer was straight-up evil, but not too hyper. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Maybe you could make tiny tranquilizer darts that you can blow through a reed.

Thu Jul 05, 03:45:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a picture! With 2007 being the year of the Lolcat and all, perhaps this: "Bich I'll Cut Ya!"

Fri Jul 06, 12:48:00 PM  
Blogger Michael Roy Hollihan said...

Welcome to the wacky world of cat ownership! :-)

It's almost like having a baby, in that you learn to think inclusively and preventatively. Like most guys, I had a tray on my dresser where I put the stuff from my pockets everyday -- keys, wallet, coins, etc. Until Ms. Bennie discovered it and decided it was the "Cornucopia of Shiny Interesting Playtoys!"

I have a great story about sitting in front of the computer and Bennie the kitten wanting to climb up. Unfortunately, it involves some anatomy best not discussed publicly. Suffice to say Bennie doesn't do that any more! =8-0

Fri Jul 06, 02:09:00 PM  
Blogger Litzz11@yahoo.com said...

As the companion of 7 cats, let me tell you: spray bottles of water are a gift from God.

Sat Jul 07, 08:34:00 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Southern Beale is right. Spray bottles/water guns are great solutions to rambunctious kitties.

Sun Jul 08, 01:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home