Thursday, June 14

What's odd

Hearing a song on the radio that's about heartache and giving up on something special, and knowing it was written about you. And not in the generic this song is totally about my situation, but in the actual this song is literally about me and my life way.

It's sobering. And sad.

But it is what it is. A snapshot of this life.

If you're so inclined, you can check out Phil's new music project here. It's very new, so things are in transition at all times, being tweaked and improved and changed. They got some air time this past Sunday on WEVL, and they're currently talking about setting up shows around town. What's really weird about all this is that it's happening right now — two guys who did not know each other a month ago are now collaborating every night on some seriously soul-searching music. It's cool watching it evolve, even if I see pain and heartache that I helped cause spilled onto notebook page after notebook page.

We cope in ways I never could have imagined.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger sarah saint said...

I don't even have a clear picture of your situation, but one of the songs about made me sniffle.

That has to be so weird.

Thu Jun 14, 07:39:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Warren Beatty's got nothing on you, my friend.

So cool for Phil – wish him the best for me. And … how are you?

Thu Jun 14, 04:02:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Coxxydoodles, I owe you a hundred phone calls.

Fri Jun 15, 01:10:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know where to find me … and I don't know where to find you. Or anyone else since I switched cell phones like four times in the past year.

Fri Jun 15, 10:40:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home