Wednesday, June 20

Things I'm totally digging right now

1. The new White Stripes album. All you haters can bite me. They're awesome.

2. Knocked Up. I laughed my ass off. I am having a hard time accepting that Paul Rudd will never be mine.

3. Ignoring the news for three days straight. Seriously, what's happening out there in the world? Oh wait, nevermind, I don't care.

4. Cheap German Riesling. I like it sweet and syrupy, like Relax and Funf. I had a couple of glasses of Funf with a grilled steak tonight and it was fabulous pairing, despite the dreaded red meat/white wine crossover (which we all know is a buncha hooey anyway). The steak was hefty and spicy, and the Riesling swooped in and cooled the palate and rounded out the dish in a way a bloody Cab wouldn't have been able to.

5. The new Kings of Leon. Still. It's fabulous for road trips.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see Knocked Up. And Paul Rudd has been mine since he was in Halloween: The Curse of Michael Myers. Step off! ;)

Wed Jun 20, 07:23:00 AM  
Blogger sarah saint said...

Knocked Up was great.

And you're both mistaken. Paul Rudd has been mine since Clueless. Holla.

Have ya'll seen The Shape of Things? The ending makes you feel like you've been gut-punched.

*pretends not to be aware that everyone else knows the magic italics trick*

Wed Jun 20, 08:34:00 AM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Have you guys seen Wet Hot American Summer? He owns that movie.

Wed Jun 20, 10:53:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The mid-birth va-jay-jay shots made me a bit uncomfortable. Isn't this a family movie?

Wed Jun 20, 11:23:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Listening to Icky Thump even as I type this. Number 2 son gave me this as a very thoughtful Father's Day gift. Couldn't really enjoy until today, though!

I love W.Stripes..this is good shit.

Knocked Up was the funniest movie since 40 Year Old Virgin which is most likely not a coincidence.

Wed Jun 20, 02:11:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LT, I haven't seen Paul Rudd in WHAS, but I will now. :)

Wed Jun 20, 06:38:00 PM  
Blogger fearlessvk said...

all right no one has EVER agreed with me about this - and i've asked a LOT of people - but every now and then jack white does something with his voice that reminds me way too much of adam sandler. i have been unable to appreciate the white stripes as a result.

but somehow, cookie monster death metal doesn't bother me. i need help.

Thu Jun 21, 07:16:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home