Saturday, June 23

Summer gig

The Diva has invited me to guest blog this summer over at iDivaMemphis. My regular day for posting is set to be Thursday, but I've got clearance to post whenever the mood strikes. So I'm thinking of posting something right now, since my login wasn't set up in time for me to post Thursday and I've had a post about alli in the can* since then.

I don't really think of myself as a diva, but I'm excited that I've been dubbed an honorary diva for the summer. I might have to buy a tiara, y'all. So, my goal is to bring an unabashedly feminist perspective to the site, and stir up some gender politics discussions. I don't know how well that will go over, as iDiva's readers probably skew a little more to the center than I do, but if I get some conversations started, then I'll consider my time there as a success.

* A haaaaaa haaaa. "Can."

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

It looks you might have to try harder. Did I tell you I'm writing a play about a feminist drag queen. It's true. I want to sing a song about chopping up penises and have a bratwurst sausage nearby, looking all Garafolo-esque and shit.

Sat Jun 23, 02:11:00 PM  
Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

(I'm totally serious.)

Sat Jun 23, 02:12:00 PM  
Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

Gah. The reason why is because in the gay community here in New York, white gay males exercise a system of entitlement over lesbians and trannies. It's that whole I-have-the-penis, therefore-I'm-the-political-decisionmaker bullshit. It's like the G in GLBT is all gay represents. And having worked where I worked, I'm tired of this systematic BS. So yeh, I'm going to start dressing up like Jeanne Garafolo and singing songs about cutting up penises to whoever will listen.

Thank you for your time.

Sat Jun 23, 02:17:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fritz, we LB's thank you. :)

Sun Jun 24, 10:32:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home