Friday, May 4

BSMF blogging

(Not to be continued with BAMF blogging, which is what I do here on a regular basis.)

This weekend I'll be tickling the polystyrene buttons for The Commercial Appeal here at the official Memphis in May blog. Everyone's favorite Brandonian will be there too, thank god, since he's not updated his own blog since September — September! — and has left us pining for his biting insights since then.

I won't actually be at the festival the entire time all three days; I've got to work in the office until 7 or 8 on Friday and Saturday, at which point I'll be hauling ass down to the river. Sunday, though, should be pretty laid back, since I'm technically off work. I can think of worse ways to spend a Sunday afternoon than down by the river, soaking up sun (hopefully), listening to the hum of live music and the pulse of a drunken crowd.

Something new for the BSMF blog this year is a reader-submitted Flickr photostream. If you're at the festival and you want to send photos that you've taken, shoot them to this address: flickr@commercialappeal.com. Keep the boob shots for yourself, pervs.

The weather looks to be sufficiently iffy for a muddy ol' good time, at least on Friday. I'm looking forward to it.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate to be awful, but the layout and design of that site is seriously painful to those of us over 30. Then again, it's possible that that's perfectly acceptable. Just sayin'.

Fri May 04, 07:58:00 AM  
Blogger fearlessvk said...

if i were going to the beale street music festival, which in the end i am not, i would definitely go tonight, and i would see IGGY AND THE STOOGES fo' sure. please pretty please let us know how that performance goes!!

Fri May 04, 10:02:00 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I had my (internet) tubes tied.

Fri May 04, 11:17:00 AM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Hey Lesley, they tweaked it just a bit. I hope it's better for ya.

Fearless, it was great! He fucking rocked out. I took lots of pictures. I'll be putting them in my Flickr shortly, but you can see some of them here.

Brandon, nice one. Five points. :)

Sat May 05, 01:18:00 AM  
Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

You and Brandon are rock stars. There's no denying that shit.

Sat May 05, 02:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home