Sunday, April 29

Sweet Baby Jesus, I hate MySpace



I just logged in to MySpace and got spambombed. And the hits just keep coming. In the time I've written this many words, two more "friend" requests have come sailing in.

There is no practical reason for me to be on MySpace; I don't use it to network or meet people. There are several people I know who seem to prefer using MySpace mail over e-mail, so I keep in touch with them that way. But it wouldn't send me into fits of withdrawal if I just closed up shop (again).

But I shouldn't have to say "fukkit" just because MySpace can't figure out how to get a handle on the spam and profile hijacking. Those seem like problems the other social networking sites just don't have to this degree (and I guess it could be a question of market share; I don't know). But seriously, MySpace? Use that deep News Corp. pocketbook and hire the best nerds you can find and get a handle on the spam shit or people are going to start jumping ship like they jumped ship when Blogger couldn't get a handle on its spamulation issues.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger La C. said...

Perhaps you have made the most coveted "cool new people" list. I freed myself from the chains of MySpace months ago and am much happier for it.

Tue May 01, 01:24:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yea MySpace came in and took over..as far as traffic goes!!! Plus they're making ALL that money!!!
I feel like I'm striking against MySpace. I found Yuwie where it's more of a real community and they actually share their revenue with you!!!

Tue Aug 21, 01:22:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home