Tuesday, November 14

Thank you

I idle at mildly cynical, so I generally take a dim view of People and their selfish motivations (my sister was worried all night Sunday that the things they'd salvaged but left behind would be taken by looters, which is what happend to our cousins when their house burned down 16 or so years ago and my grandmother's parents' house when it burned down when she was younger), but I'm continually amazed at the completely selfless and generous actions of some people.

Like the man in the truck stop as we were ordering a heap of pizzas Sunday night, who overheard us talking about what happened, and paid for a couple of the pizzas. Like the people my mom works with, calling to get the boys' sizes so they can send some clothes. Like our second cousin, who went through this same ordeal many years ago, who stopped by Sunday night to offer advice and laughs and even tampons (sent by his wife). Like the Red Cross, which offered to take the family to Wal-Mart to get essentials. Like all of you who have stopped to comment or e-mail and offer support. It's amazing, really. I thank you so much and I will pass all your encouragement along to the people who need it.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not going to lie - I don't really know what to say. But it's amazing how a small town rallies around the people who need help, and if anything good comes out of this it's the realization that us weird, awkward and self-centered human folks can show such compassion. The best part is that it's almost an instinct. If there's anything your friends in Mid Tenn can do to help just holla.

- Cox

Tue Nov 14, 04:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A flicker of comedy amidst the grief:

You should add FIRE to your bitchlist.

Tue Nov 14, 09:39:00 PM  
Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

And Michelle Makin. I hate that bitch.

Tue Nov 14, 10:32:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Thanks, Cox. I appreciate it.

PT, that's a fantastic suggestion. I'll get to work.

And Fritz, while that's a great suggestion, if I started adding every pundit who pissed me off, that list would never end. :)

Wed Nov 15, 01:24:00 AM  
Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

Call me child.

Wed Nov 15, 03:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home