Wednesday, November 15

Proof that I'm not firing on all ... is it six or ten?

I wear rubber shoes with holes in them on rainy days, knowing full well that getting from my car to my door is going to require some deep-pothole diving that, truth be told, calls for highwaters and galoshes and is completely unsuited for holey footwear and whatever dingy, unmatched sockery might lurk beneath.

But these rubber shoes with holes in them are just so damned comfortable. I know everyone else jumped on this bandwagon back in 2004-2005, but I'm always late to these parties. They're hideous, sure, but wouldn't you rather wear squishy rubber house shoes all day than high heels?

(The correct answer is yes.)

I am 80.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wore 4" heels yesterday because my Gumby dress pants are too long. I lost feeling in parts of both my big toes, and the big toe joints started throbbing with sharp pains that made me think I might be inflicting nerve damage.

If I could get away with it I would spend my ten hours standing in squishy rubber house shoes every day.

But they're really cute charcoal gray with tiny white pinstripes and a black heel...

Wed Nov 15, 07:33:00 AM  
Blogger grandefille said...

They have Crocs without holes. I'm wearing some now. LOVE them.

They have 'em at Binks on the Square if you need some. We can ship. :0)

Wed Nov 15, 09:06:00 AM  
Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

Oh God.

Wed Nov 15, 10:02:00 AM  
Blogger theogeo said...

PT, the patriarchy makes for some mighty uncomfortable — but somehow cute, dammit — footwear. Four inches? That's the size of my hand! I can't handle that.

Grandefille, my mom actually has some of those. I might have to hit her up for some at Christmas.

Fritz, you'll be getting a pair, too, don't you worry.

Thu Nov 16, 02:08:00 AM  
Blogger grandefille said...

Yeah, and you have to wear them out clubbing, Fritz. And then tell folks, "You make fun of us for NOT wearing shoes, and then when we DO, you make fun. You people canNOT be made happy." Hee.

Whoops. Sorry for blog hijack.

They are not hideous, especially in daffodil yellow. And if you're old and have bad feet (i.e., plantar fasciitis), Crocs are da poop. In fact, they are da poop for any age. Just ask my niece with her hot-pink Hello Kitty "shooooooz!"

Thu Nov 16, 04:05:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home