Monday, October 23

Well, that was weird.

About 45 minutes ago, I was sitting at this here computer, reading ol' Sully, when I heard a loud boom somewhere out behind the apartment. And then my power cut off.

What's a girl to do when the power goes off and she's yet to take a shower for the day? Why, get back in bed, of course.

So for half an hour I bundled up and laid in bed while Howey took to the windowsill. We listened to the neighborhood sounds: Distant church bells, backup beeps from construction equipment, the news action chopper flying overhead, car doors shutting, my neighbors chatting about the lack of electricity, babies crying next door, birds chirping, wind rustling through leaves.

Now that the power's back, I don't want to get out of bed.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just keep your head under the blanket. Trust me.

Mon Oct 23, 11:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home