Wednesday, July 19

About Nashville

1. Seriously, what's a girl gotta do to get some sweet tea at a restaurant? This is the South. Sweet tea should flow from the fountains in Nashville, for God's sake. I don't care if you're leading the New South revolution and trying to break down stereotypes about Southerners. Let's talk about jettisoning bolos before we talk about throwing sweet tea out.

2. Las Paletas should be considered a national treasure. Sure, $2.50 for a popsicle is kinda pricey, but where else can you get a strawberry popsicle and actually consume what amounts to a giant frozen strawberry -- seeds included! -- on a stick? Beautiful.

3. I can't express how much I love the Belcourt. Its aesthetics, its versatility, its history, its location, everything about it.

4. Buddytown? Buddytown? I know my Kool Kredentials are somewhat compromised by my undying love for pedestrian indie music and Old Navy polo shirts, but I swear to Zeus, people, Buddytown sounds like a fucking luxury retreat for golden retrievers.

5 Comments:

Blogger phallicpen said...

I've been experiencing a rise in restaurant-goers asking for sweet tea up here. Maybe sweet tea is sweeping the nation.

Mmm, sweet tea.

Thu Jul 20, 02:06:00 AM  
Blogger Newscoma said...

I adore the Belcourt. I have so many memories there, when movie theaters were grand and lovely, with the smell of real popcorn filling the air.
The Belcourt is the best.

Thu Jul 20, 06:39:00 AM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Ppen: How many people order Long Island Ice Teas in Long Island, or is that a huge faux pas?

Newscoma: I dread the day when it burns due to a freak popcorn machine accident, but you just know that's how it will probably happen!

Thu Jul 20, 11:48:00 AM  
Blogger phallicpen said...

It doesn't happen often. I've probably served one or two in the two summers I've worked there. Martinis and wine are the most common.

Fri Jul 21, 10:48:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Friggin' yankee winos!

Mon Jul 24, 01:27:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home