Tuesday, May 2

BSMF bloggin'

So Brandon's tearing it up over at the Beale Street Music Fest blog*. The big event is this weekend. I still haven't decided if I'm going to throw down $20 for a one-day ticket on Sunday, just to go because I've never been and it actually might not rain this year.

Buuuuuut, we'll see. I can think of other ways to spend $20 that are a bit more fun than having to slog through mud and ignore the amplified cacophony of Staind.

Anyhoo, go see what Brandon's up to over at the BSMF blog.

*So how effed up am I that every time I see it written "BSMF," I automatically read "BDSM," which is an altogether different thing?

7 Comments:

Blogger J. R. said...

You aren't alone with that BSMF/BDSM thing, I saw the post title was like "Holy shnikes! What is LAT blogging about?"

Tue May 02, 04:52:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

And what a let-down BSMF is when you're primed for BDSM.

Wed May 03, 12:50:00 AM  
Blogger Memphis Chix said...

I may have an extra ticket for you if all you want is Sunday--email me at hotmail. C'mon, it's James Brown!!

Wed May 03, 09:32:00 AM  
Blogger Michael Roy Hollihan said...

I always see it as "Bull Sh*t Mo Fo."

Wed May 03, 11:41:00 AM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Serrabee, awesome. I'll e-mail you ASaP!

Mike, heh.

Wed May 03, 02:48:00 PM  
Blogger grandefille said...

Dude, y'all just haven't accidentally stepped behind the wrong tent at BSMF. I walked up on ... well, never mind. There was leather.

Anyway. The most fun I have EVER had at a music venue, bar none, has been at BSMF. Shirley Caesar and O'Landa Draper (RIP, man) bringing down the many names of God right next door to people doing the Cajun waltz in front of Filé. I'm just sorry I haven't gotten to attend the last couple of years. We always get a room at the Talbot Heirs and just walk our feets off. And then sit up on the balcony at EPM's and smoke those bourbon cigars and people-watch.

Sigh.

Please go smoke one of those cigars for us this weekend, ma'am.

Wed May 03, 04:09:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

grandefille, I'd be happy to. :)

Sounds like you had an amazingly interesting time!!

Fri May 05, 08:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home