Friday, April 28

The happy hostess

So, yes, the parental unit is coming Sunday, possibly with my brother in tow, and now I'm wondering what the hell we can do all day to keep them entertained. I had originally thought about seeing a Redbirds game, but they've got an away game that day. Boo. I really did want to see a game and my dad's a huge Cardinals fan.

He suggested we go to Forrest Park so he can get some pictures. See? He doesn't make a trip if he can't squeeze something Civil War-related in.

I'd also thought of taking them out to the Dixon, since they're both totally into gardening.

Naturally, it's supposed to rain Sunday. The scary thunderstorm icon is ominous. If it rains too much, my mom will put the kibosh on the trip, so let's hope that doesn't happen.

My Memphis readers, got any family-friendly suggestions that would work even if it rained?

2 Comments:

Blogger Lesley said...

Well, I'm half Nashville/half Memphis, but what about the Pink Palace? There are some interesting exhibits there (a lot on Memphis history) plus the IMAX theater. And there's always Graceland...those are the only two rainy day activities I can think of off the top of my head.

Fri Apr 28, 12:41:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Those are good ideas. It's been ages since I went to the Pink Palace. And I've still never been to Graceland. It would be a good opportunity to get in for free if I can convince the parents to pay my way.

Fri Apr 28, 03:49:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home