Friday, March 31

The phantom leak


Rusty leak water? Or ectoplasm?*

The maintenance man came in today while I was at work and surveyed the bathroom leak. He said he can't for the life of him figure out where the leak is coming from.

He might have been drunk, which would help explain why he couldn't figure out why there was water standing on my floor and under my cabinets. But I think there's a much more reasonable explanation.

Ghosts.

*This photo was taken two days ago, before the water pooled out onto the rest of the floor. Now the water is rusty in some parts and clear in others, making it pretty hazardous just to venture in for a quick pee.

3 Comments:

Blogger theogeo said...

I don't think he's the landlord. Well, he's not the owner. Just the taskmaster and leasing agent and dude who collects the rent checks and sends out the memos.

So maybe he IS the landlord, but he just tells us he's not so we won't go whining to him.

Alls I knows is that the entire floor was soaked this morning. And that I don't have enough swiffer pads or paper towels to stanch the flow anymore.

Fri Mar 31, 09:49:00 AM  
Blogger theogeo said...

I just keep repeating to myself that this is an old building, and problems are going to arise when it comes to its guts.

And I also keep repeating to myself that I'm not paying the April rent 'til this shiz is fixed.

Fri Mar 31, 12:41:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

perhaps it's my monitor, but it appears that the maintenance man was quite drunk and missed the bowl completely when emptying his bladder. hopefully he was a sweetie and wiped the seatie.

Mon Apr 03, 07:17:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home