Thursday, March 30

More about the bathroom

The bathroom leak is getting worse. I woke up today and the area from the cabinet all the way to the tub was soaked. This includes my rug, which was green but now has a nice rust tint to it.

My anxiety about this problem is seeping into my dreams.

I fell asleep yesterday on the couch and dreamed that I was trapped in a small kitchen whose walls were soggy with rainwater and bulging inward, threatening to burst and smother me.

I've called my maintenance man twice in two days. Sometimes I think my voice betrays the urgency that's appropriate in this case.

5 Comments:

Blogger theogeo said...

He's also a lawyer. That might explain it.

Or was that just an unnecessary jab at lawyers?

Anyway, my whole apartment smells like a swamp and when I'm in the bathroom, I feel like I'm breathing in deadly black mold and mosquito larvae.

Thu Mar 30, 04:02:00 PM  
Blogger Michael Roy Hollihan said...

Good luck. I went three years and three landlords before I got a 2-foot diameter hole in my bathroom ceiling fixed! And it took a fire downstairs to get that. =8-0

Fri Mar 31, 12:40:00 AM  
Blogger theogeo said...

O'mom, I'm in the market for an electric screwdriver, so now I've got an excuse.

Mike, yikes. YIKES.

Fri Mar 31, 01:05:00 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

We've had mold in our house since we moved in. They never fixed it. We're moving out.

I like how you used "seeping" - it's kind of watery-sounding. Excellent word choice.

Fri Mar 31, 01:08:00 AM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Wendy, I e-mailed you about my former dwelling. It's a good apartment, but mighty hard to get because they don't advertise and there aren't really that many units.

Mold sucks.

When I moved in, no one had cleaned my fridge or freezer, so I've got frozen mold in the freezer that I can't clean unless I unplug the damn thing and let it defrost first.

Fri Mar 31, 09:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home