Friday, December 16

They're just like regular people

The Truman Show is such a great movie. Seeing it reminds me of the creepy chain of events that transpired the other night that obviously proves we're starring in our own reality show.

Monday (?) night, we were taking Jamie back to his apartment when we noticed that around Highland, starting at the corner of Poplar and heading south for about six blocks, was totally dark. Even the big stores like Spin Street and Bookstar, and south onto the campus of the U of M. We thought that was weird and kinda creepy, but our attention spans are like those of gnats, so we didn't think much more about it as we drove past.

All right, so I can't remember the sequence of events, but here's what happened on the way back home:

• We tried to take Central through campus, but the area was still completely blacked out and there were several police cars in the street with their lights a-blazin', so we got back on Poplar and proceeded.
• We saw a shooting star.
• Phil's car went dead, but it restarted.
• We were waiting to turn left at a red light and another car pulled into the street beside us, stopped his car, opened the door, leaned out, made some sort of ambiguous hand gesture at us, started out of the car, the light turned green, and we sped away squealing.

No falling lights, but I'm not hard to convince.

[][][]

I went a little nuts at the features department sale, where advance copies of books were selling, after 6 or so, for 50 cents. These should keep me busy. I think most of them won't be released until 2006, so I have the rare pleasure of reading them without having read reviews of them first.
 
Rousseau's Dog
Hello, Stranger
Looking For Alaska
We Should Never Meet
Buying a Fishing Rod for My Grandfather
Listen
Mortification
My Life in Orange
 
 

2 Comments:

Blogger J. R. said...

Because a bunch of crazy things happen to everyone around me, I have convinced myself that all my friends are involved in a reality show and I'm not. Although, one time, Wendy compared my life to a reality show. So one can never be sure.

Also, I want to name Son #1 James Truman. That is if I don't name him something Welsh, like Cenydd. I've been over this in my blog. Nevermind.

Also, if it wasn't so desperately obvious (as Taking Back Sunday have said), I am borderline drunk. And yes, it is 2:30 in the afternoon.

Fri Dec 16, 08:26:00 AM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Strictly based on title and cover, I'm thinking "We Should Never Meet" will be my first conquest.

Mon Dec 19, 01:53:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home