Saturday, August 27

[Times, they are ... suspiciously similar]
1. "Victory means exit strategy, and it's important for the President to explain to us what the exit strategy is."

2. "Bombing a sovereign nation for ill-defined reasons with vague objectives undermines the American stature in the world. The international respect and trust for America has diminished every time we casually let the bombs fly."

Spoken not by Cindy Sheehan or Sean Penn or any other crazy left-wing wacko war critic, but by then-Texas Gov. George W. Bush and Texas Rep. Tom Delay, respectively, talking about President Clinton's invasion of Bosnia back in 1999. Who was the idiot who said irony died on 9/11? Because I'm pretty sure irony entered into its heydey. We live in a golden age of irony. Why did that sentence make my teeth hurt?

More hilariously, gut-bustingly, zip-smack-tabulously ironic quotes like these can be found here, if you've got the sheer strength of stomach to read them.

+++
I enjoyed this link very much. Thanks, Patrick.

+++
I'm getting giddy with excitement since learning that I might get my hands on a copy of Adobe CS2 for a drastically reduced price. See, I know this software pusher I can go to anytime I need a digital fix and he hooks me up with the good shit straight from San Jose. I can't wait to get my hands on that disc. First I'll inhale its aroma and relish how the smell faintly resembles that of an emery board. Then I'll slide it in my CD-ROM and let the good times begin. GoLive, InDesign, Illustrator. We'll be going balls to the wall all night. If the hard drive's a rockin', well, call tech support, because it really shouldn't move like that.

+++
I have modest goals for my days off: A trip to the grocery and a trip to Tunica. Grocery first, so I don't gamble away my milk money. There has been nothing to eat or drink in the apartment for going on three weeks now and I miss having blueberry bagels always within reach.

I'm also searching for some cheap square canvas. I've got two projects in mind: One for my Red-Hatted grandmother and one for my mom's home office (whose walls are painfully bare). I just got a weird blog deja vu feeling; have I written about this before?

2 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

I'm going to Tunica next weekend!

Sun Aug 28, 02:30:00 AM  
Blogger JC said...

Can you get a hold of Virtual PC?

Sun Aug 28, 12:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home