Monday, January 5

I don't like this air, but that doesn't mean I'll stop breathing it

I'm winding down. Phil is already dozing in the bedroom. Gonzo is watching me type this. The air conditioner is making up for the sticky spring weather that keeps seeping in under the doors.

I have completely enjoyed my time off. And it's even better that I don't have to go to school tomorrow. All this time at home as allowed me to bond with the ferrets. Seriously! They're used to being alone for a great portion of the day. So they're way more open to being cuddled and petted and all that stuff. It's cool. They're finally learning to trust us and love us. Hee!

Things I'm obsessed with at the moment:
+Six Feet Under [the dvd boxset]
+Ratchet and Clank: Going Commando [i've already finished it, but it's got extra goodies i'm working on]
+The Hipster Handbook [funnyfunnyfunny]
+The Sims Makin' Magic [what an amazing game]
+Orange juice [to counter my soda habit]

These five elements have helped fill my empty hours this week. I can't wait until The Sims 2 comes out. I'm seriously getting a new computer just so I can get that damn game. It is going to be bad ass.

I totally screwed up the 100 Words thing. I got behind in the middle of the month and never caught up. I guess December is a tough month to write for. At least for me. When I'm at home with my family, I don't do much of anything except try to observe and absorb.

I can't for the life of me remember Christmas last year. And that really bothers me. I think this year might get lodged somewhere recoverable in the ol' memory banks, though. I helped take care of my feeble grandmother, and I navigated the treacherous waters of the ongoing family feuds.

Though last year, what I can remember of it, was odd in its own way. It was the year that all of our dogs were poisoned and died. Jesus, the holidays are hell on the Turners. We should revolt and refuse to celebrate Jesus' birth until we can get a friggin' break. I guess you can't barter with God, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home