Monday, April 28

The morning-after pill

I saw the sun rise this morning and not on purpose. It just kind of happened when I neglected to go to bed last night and instead sat out on my balcony with Sarah and Rebecca, eating brie and blabbing about who knows what, and thinking a little too hard about the stuff I always think too hard about, which means I woke up kind of sad this morning and have spent most of the day lying in bed with the cats. The windows are open and we've all been just lying in the sunlight, smelling the breeze, and listening to soccer practice in the field next door.

Tequila makes me crazier, I think, than I already am. If that's possible. When will they invent a pill that will eradicate the worry and shame you feel the day after you've christened spring with tequila and an apartment full of friends and, at one point, ceremoniously tromped through your living room, asking loudly if anyone's ever, um, lost a tampon? Because I need a whole crate of those pills.

The past few days have been pretty intense. I've barely had time to stop and breathe, but I seem to be happier when I'm busy. Sarah stayed with me for a couple of days and kept me entertained, and Fritz and his Fuckleberry Hound have been in town to visit and we've laughed and laughed at so many inappropriate jokes.

I'm amazed at how many ridiculously funny people I know. Having an apartment full of them makes me get all corny and sentimental. Oh my god, I am such a girl.

It's kind of a bummer that the apartment is empty now, but, well ... shit.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Jerm said...

Yeah, tequila is crazy-juice for me too, but margaritas are sooooo good.

Ahhh good times.

Mon Apr 28, 10:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad. I went to a doctor once thinking I had TSS. The dude laughed in my face.

Mon Apr 28, 11:43:00 PM  
Blogger sarah saint said...

I'll gladly help finance the development of those pills. Hell's yeah.

I think everyone had a lovely time.

"Don't feel bad. I went to a doctor once thinking I had TSS."

See?? Totally common. Don't sweat it, gurl.

Tue Apr 29, 09:07:00 AM  
Blogger Lighthouse Pilot said...

I went to your party and I got the doctor said that's where I got TSS.

Actually...I don't know what TSS is.

Tue Apr 29, 02:28:00 PM  
Blogger Lighthouse Pilot said...

and apparently that's where I forgot how to type. Christ!

you know what I meant.

Tue Apr 29, 02:29:00 PM  
Blogger La C. said...

I always thought it was tequila that made me crazy. Turns out it was the sugar in the margaritas. Once I started shooting tequila straight I turned back into my fun lovin' self.

Fri May 02, 07:20:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home