Sunday, April 27

Postlude to a zombie walk

I'm busy busy busy today but I just have to get in a quick post about the zombie walk. It went off more or less without a hitch and I was again impressed with the turnout and the amazing creativity of the horror-obsessed in this town. I mean, seriously. I love being able to help foster an outlet that is so much fun for so many people. It's corny, but I love that part of it. I love hearing onlookers talk about the zombie walk — "they do it every year," I heard someone say; "there's three ways to become a zombie" I heard some well-dressed young woman explain to her friend as they saw us pass — and it tickles me to no end to think that it's becoming some kind of yearly Memphis cultural staple.

Spring is zombie time in Memphis, Tenn. I love it, love it, love it.

Here are some of my favorite shots from the walk (full set is here), but there are a ton of much better ones in the official Flickr pool here.

zombie bonding

IMG_2886 IMG_2670

evileye

rabid

onlooker

intense

IMG_2615

IMG_2302

IMG_2321

ropes this baby looks terrified

Sorry, gotta post one more of this baby. The kid looked absolutely gobsmacked.

IMG_2400

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie said...

If that child didn't piss himself, I'd be surprised. Nightmares for life.

Sun Apr 27, 06:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome! LT, it looked amazing. I really wish I could have come. I'm so glad it went swimmingly!! Jeff says from seeing most of the Flickr pics that it looks like you did a kickass job. Now he wants me to organize one here, haha! I'm so proud of you!

*cheeses like a mom*

*snaps photo*

Mon Apr 28, 06:09:00 AM  
Blogger nashgirl said...

Yep, definitely looked like a good time. Loved the baby and the dog.

Mon Apr 28, 03:57:00 PM  
Blogger gatesofmemphis said...

re: the dog, we're pretty sure that our dog would eat both brains and arms without being a zombie. We think our zombie dog would eat olives.

Roriiiiiiives!

Tue Apr 29, 12:43:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home