Thursday, November 15

Day 318 — Canceled

[for Wednesday, Nov. 14]

canceled — nov 14

Well, I suppose it was bound to happen at some point: My first canceled concert. Too bad it came as a result of my beloved Regina Spektor collapsing during sound check. The representative who broke the news to the audience said that she wanted to perform, but the doctors wouldn't let her. So we were sent on our merry way.

The whole night wasn't a bust, of course, since I got to hang out with Kristin, eat some awesome Italian food at Mafioza's, and imbibe with some of the Kids at Mulligan's, across the street from where Chris Cornell was playing. I even saw a fellow Memphis zombie at the show (okay, he saw me first; I was totally oblivious and already kinda tipsy), which was so totally random and awesome. (And yes, Jerm, we'll definitely do drinks some time here in town!)

Check out the extremely decent seats I had. I could have seen her gums from there! Blarg. It would be awesome if I lived in Nashville and had a day job, then I could go to the make-up show Dec. 6. But I don't and I don't, dammit, so I can't. So I reckon Kristin will have to find herself someone else to go with. I'll be slinging zoned news pages that night under the unflattering glare of fluorescent lights. Arrrrgh.

Anyway, I hope Regina (we're on a fist-name basis, of course) gets better soon, and that it's nothing serious. So far all the jackbags in the comments over at Perez Hilton have suggested it's anorexia, pregnancy, drug overdose, and more! How exciting for them.

Project 365

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger xkrissix said...

Zombie and wife of Jerm Zombie...Thanks for the blog. Enjoyable as always. It was great to see ya last night and it was a dissapointment for us as well to miss our beloved Regina since we won't be able to make up the show either, le sigh. - Krissi

Thu Nov 15, 02:24:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Hey there! Good to see you too! That sucks that you guys can't make it back either. I think le sigh is the best way to put it. :)

Thu Nov 15, 02:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That totally sucks. DH and I went Monday night to her show in STL, and it was very good (I won't rub your nose in it by using any greater superlatives). Did notice we had to wait nearly an hour for her after the opener finished, so have to wonder if she wasn't feeling poorly that night, too. Though I must say that you have been spared the absolute worst support act ever, so maybe that's some cold comfort.

Thu Nov 15, 06:29:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home