Monday, August 27

Swag

Every time I visit my parents, I return with a car full of stuff. It's just kind of the way we do things; they get tired of stuff or accumulate things they think I'd like to have, so they just pass along various crap to me. Same goes for my grandmother (she gives me lots of bras and pajamas that I usually end up passing along because they don't fit). (They are all clutter-enablers.)

My return trip this time included a new espresso/coffee maker (I don't drink either, but I might give it a shot), some big drawing tablets, and a shoebox full of old photos. Hand-picked by me for optimum comedy/sweetness.

My scanner is warmed up and now begins the task of scanning in my favorites.

This Flickr set will contain the bulk of them.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Justin W. McGregor said...

Out of curiosity: What kind of scanner do you have?

I'm wanting to embark on a similar thing with my family photo albums but my scanner is 7 years old now and doesn't play well with my bright shiny new Mac. I've got a little birthday cash and was thinking it's new scanner time. Are you scanning the photos one at a time or do you have something that will do them in batches?

Mon Aug 27, 11:43:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

It's an HP PSC 1310. I think the PSC means "printer/scanner/copier" because it's an all-in-one. I actually bought it three or so years ago from either Staples or Office Max. It was refurbished, so it was reasonably priced (between $50 and $70, I think), but I bet you can get something similar or better even cheaper these days.

I scan about three pics at a time, and then crop and rotate (if needed) in Photoshop. The quality isn't great, but it's good enough.

Mon Aug 27, 11:54:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home