Friday, July 13

Meme-a-licious!

I've been tagged by Hugo!

THE RULES
1. All right, here are the rules.
2. We have to post these rules before we give you the facts.
3. Players start with eight random facts/habits about themselves.
4. People who are tagged write their own blog about their eight things and post these rules.
5. At the end of your blog, you need to choose eight people to get tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave them a comment telling them they're tagged, and to read your blog.


1. I was very nearly named Allison Lindsey, until my parents decided at the last minute to switch the order and make me Lindsey Allison. At one point, though, they had considered naming me Paige, but how weird would it be to name a kid after a really good novel? (Paige Turner, get it?)

2. I'm always after a good lucid dream. Probably the best one I ever had involved me deciding I wanted to fly, so I just raised my arms up and took off like a kite.

3. I am distantly related to John Adams and John Quincy Adams. I wish I was a descendant of Turner Dairy or Turner Broadcasting, but no dice.

4. In elementary school, I had to take a brief remedial course (or maybe it was just a bit of tutoring) on rounding numbers because I just did not understand the point or the execution. This really pissed me off because I was simultaneously in gifted class, so I was embarrassed and frustrated that I was lagging so badly in an area everyone else seemed to have no trouble with.

5. In high school, I produced an underground parody newspaper making fun of all the (popular) kids, teachers, administrators, and high-school customs that irked me (including the school board's new dress-code policy and our ostensibly dumb-as-rocks principal). The overarching theme of the rag was what a crappy education we were getting at Hardin County High. I clandestinely snuck into my church to make copies to distribute throughout the school, and I mailed copies to certain people I thought should read the papers in particular (ballsy!). I got spooked when some buzz was created and people were pissed off and talking about fingerprinting the envelopes (ha!), so I destroyed all the evidence, including the computer files. I really hate that I did this, because I'd love to go back and read the angsty stuff I wrote. At the time, I didn't tell a single soul at the school what I was doing. Phil knew, though (he had graduated a couple of years earlier), and he had to sit and try to comfort me when my guilty conscience got the best of me and I had a bit of a breakdown because I feared getting caught and expelled. So, if anyone from high school is reading this, sorry I was such a jerk! Don't worry, I won't be there to ruin the reunion.

6. I am more than a little sad that my nephews are growing up so fast, and getting to that age where they're not going to want to hang out with me as much. I remember being close to my aunts when I was little, but I barely speak to either of them now. I absolutely hate for that to happen to me and my boys.

7. I am terrible at saving money. I think I could use a workshop or twelve from Dave Ramsey.

8. I keep a fortune taped to my monitor at work. It says: "You will make many changes before settling down happily." I try to be comforted by that notion, but it would help if I could settle on what those changes will be. Underwear, maybe?

I'm supposed to tag eight people, but it took me about five days to come up with eight things about myself, so it would take me a long time to choose eight people to tag. So let's make this a volunteer tagging process.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger sarah saint said...

For years, I thought TB was the one behind that paper. Heh.

I do remember a tidbit about a certain Slash wannabe who actually permed and dyed his hair to look more like his muse.

Fri Jul 13, 02:51:00 PM  
Blogger sarah saint said...

P.S. And I think I'm gonna play along on my blog.

Fri Jul 13, 02:52:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Huh? Slash wannabe?

See, I never got my hands on one of these papers. Which is why I was so confused when everyone pointed the collective finger at me. Even my father knew about the paper. But I was wandering around like, "What paper, guys? Which paper that I wrote? Guys?"

Fri Jul 13, 10:11:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

I feel like such a giant asshole for all that mess.

Sat Jul 14, 12:01:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home