Wednesday, March 14

No touching!

Random thing No. 4,312 that drives me absolutely batshit crazy: People touching my computer screen.

What is it about those flat-panel LCD screens that make people want to touch them? Is it because they go all gooey-crazy when you put pressure on them, and you can see the little ripples of color go trailing across the screen? Is it because people secretly want to see if they can bruise someone else's screen with a quick jab of the forefinger? Is it because people want to leave their disgusting fried-dumpling-caked fingerprints all over my freaking screen?

I'm considering putting up a sign on or near my monitor that says something like, "Touch here only if you wish to pull back a bloody stump" or "My personal space extends to here" and then pasting arrows all the way around the screen, just so there's no confusion.

So the next time you saunter over to someone else's computer to point something out to them, and you raise a wobbly, outstretched finger toward their monitor, take care to keep your icky flesh at least half an inch from the actual screen! Those of us with mild OCD thank you, jackass.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger La C. said...

I work with 12 year olds who feel the need to touch and play with every electronic brought within 20 yards of them. I do not bring my computer with me when I see them, for this very reason. They feel the need to use EVERY computer as though it were a touch screen. They are also 6th graders. If I were dealing with adults, I would use mace.

Wed Mar 14, 11:09:00 AM  
Blogger theogeo said...

I think my head would explode. You are a brave, brave woman!

Thu Mar 15, 12:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home