Wednesday, April 5

Wendy, our local Carmexpert

This is crazy.

Carmex is going to start a branding blitz like it's never attempted before.

Carmex has started advertising, is launching new lines and even adding flavors such as cherry and strawberry in the fall.


And, nutty as that may sound to those of us who've danced the Carmex dance of subtle-healing joy, this part of the story is even nuttier:

Carmex user Wendy Caldwell figures she's gone through about two tubes a month since she started using the product more than 10 years ago. She appeared in a music video as a child and the makeup artist put Carmex on her lips. She's been hooked since, applying the balm five to 10 times a day, more in colder weather.

"I think once you find something that works for your lips you want to keep using it," said Caldwell, 23, a student at Middle Tennessee State University in Murfreesboro, Tenn.


Wendy, as a loyal Carmex addict enthusiast, how do you feel about the new direction the product is taking?

(No one asked, but I'm still deep in the throes of my Carmex addiction. Cracklip creeps back every time I get stressed out at work, which is now about once or twice a week.)

3 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

I dig the cherry, and yet I knew the AP would somehow make me sound like Rain Man.

"That's definitely Cherry Carmex. That's defenitely Cherry Carmex."

Wed Apr 05, 04:43:00 AM  
Blogger nashgirl said...

The AP does a pretty good job of making everyone from lawmakers to tornado victims sound like nutjobs.

Wed Apr 05, 12:06:00 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I should bring this to my therapist. I'm sure I'll get a lot of "Hmmmms" as she slowly wheels her chair away, try to be nonchalant about it.

Thu Apr 06, 12:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home