Tuesday, November 22

'Don't brush me'

People look stupid when they're driving down the road singing. People look even stupider (yes, stupider, and crazy) when they're driving down the road, alone, laughing hysterically.

I'll cop to it. That was me, on my commute to work, guffawing at the Dane Cook album Amber sent me. Specifically, the part on disc two about girls with gnarly teeth and the one yellow tooth that looks like a kernel of corn. Oh, man, I lost it during that part.

I feel that Dane is best enjoyed in the car. Or perhaps in a limo. With a pal. Our road trip to Knoxville several years ago was made much more tolerable with Dane riding along. It's uncanny how his popularity has exploded in the past year. He's all over the nightly talk shows and in magazines and in crappy movies. He has a giant MySpace following. I wonder how long it will be before he gets hooked on coke and is found dead in a hotel room on top of a pile of hookers.

I hope that doesn't happen, of course. I enjoy his spastic life observations and silliness. And his profanity. I swoon for creative profanity.

6 Comments:

Blogger phallicpen said...

Wasn't that the birth of our friendship? The real one, I mean. Not the fake one, during which I nailed your mother repeatedly behind your back.

Tue Nov 22, 03:10:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

I think it might have been. It was the fall of 2002, right? Yeah, that would have been it. Aw, sentiments.

Tue Nov 22, 03:17:00 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Weird you should mention Dane Cook, because I heard him for the first time this weekend on a CD.

Tue Nov 22, 03:29:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Were you rolling in the floor? Good times.

Tue Nov 22, 04:04:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As usual, I've never heard of him, but I will check him out. I still think live George Carlin is pretty damn funny. And Seinfeld on Broadway wasn't too bad, either.

Tue Nov 22, 06:01:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And old school Dennis Leary. Before he had a kid and got lame.

Tue Nov 22, 06:02:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home