Thursday, October 13

Where the boys are beauty queens

Memphis is playing host to the 34th annual Miss Gay America pageant this week. It might actually be fun to check out if it wasn't so pricey. It's $70 for the week, and something like $15 per event if you attend them separately.

I figure I would enjoy a drag pageant more than I would a "real" female beauty pageant, because at least the drag queens acknowledge that they are "doing" femininity as an act; there's no real awareness of female-beauty-as-act in a female beauty pageant, from what I can tell. The makeup and the hair and the swimsuits and the talents are all ways of life for these women, not performances, which strikes me as more perverse than when men dress as women and flaunt what they've "got."

While we're on the subject, I stumbled across this photo the other day and wanted to share it:

Cillian in Breakfast on Pluto

Is there anything you can do to him that would render him ugly? Doubtful.

1 Comments:

Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

I'd tap that ass.

Sat Oct 15, 02:53:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home