Monday, April 26

Running buck wild like a concubine whose mother never held her hand
I'm officially done with design class. I presented my major project today, which is one burden to check off the list. I still have to go Wednesday to see the remainder of the class's presentations, but I have no more design work to do at MTSU. That's a little heart-wrenching.

I wish I could say the same for my other classes, but I'm completely behind. Dr. Lavery will be expecting a paper tomorrow, so I need to get started. I think I'm going to look at scopophilia and the male gaze in Eyes Wide Shut. It's fascinating, and Laura Mulvey's "Visual Pleasure and Narrative Cinema" is one of the best essays I've read while in college. It's also one of the most difficult.

Man, I am so glad the March for Women's Lives turned out so well. A lot of MTSU students went. I am so sick that I didn't get to go. I hope the pale-skinned penis-holders on capitol hill take heed to the hundreds of thousands of screaming constituents demanding their right to agency over their own bodies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home