Friday, August 3

I like to pretend that I'm a photographer

The fabulous Ms. Mary K, founder of Culture Grits, a Memphis culture webzine, was kind enough to let me submit some photos for publication. And here they are, in all their amateur glory.

Check out the rest of the issue. I especially enjoyed the interview with Kelley Anderson, founder of the Southern Girls Rock 'n' Roll Camp. I had at least one women's studies class at MTSU with Kelley, and she was always the most articulate and well-spoken person in the class. I really admire the work she's doing, and I hope I can get involved in the new Memphis camp in some way.

I found out yesterday that some agency asked my workplace if they could buy my White Stripes photo(s) through them. I would have gotten a decent commission on the whole deal. But, alas, the White Stripes machine had me sign that release saying I would die poor and lonely, so I couldn't sell the photo(s). Meanwhile every drunkard in the front row with a camera phone got the same basic pictures and could theoretically make some decent money off of them, all because they didn't sign anything. Thanks, White Stripes!

Labels: , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Newscoma said...

Your pictures, as always, are wonderful. I love the one with the woman laughing.

I think you got "Memphis" quite well, my cyber friend.

Sat Aug 04, 07:29:00 AM  
Blogger nashgirl said...

Those pictures look great! I hadn't heard about Kelley taking the camp to Memphis. You should volunteer in whatever way you can, you'll love it.

Sat Aug 04, 11:00:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

those pics are wonderful, Lindsey. I really like the one with the guy playing the sax, and the kids playing on what I think is Beale.

Sat Aug 04, 02:40:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooh! Oooooh!

Magnificent!

That next-to-last one -- the light is PERFECT. I think only Memphis has that light. It is almost impossible to reproduce, but you have.

I too like the t-shirt lady laughing. And anything with some form of Dr. Malcolm Anthony's place of bidness in it is always going to draw me.

Fine work.

Mon Aug 06, 02:13:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome pictures! As I've said before, I love the fireworks picture.

And what's up with you not posting for almost three days now? This happened last month, too! You don't get to take breaks, ya know.

Mon Aug 06, 07:03:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Thanks, y'all. I had fun putting them all together.

Fri Aug 10, 12:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home