Saturday, July 21

I have seen the bright lights of West Memphis and have lived to tell the tale

After work I hopped over the bridge and tried to reason my way toward the West Memphis Wal-Mart (not such a good strategy in retrospect, because, while you'd think we'd have evolved by now to be able to sense Wal-Mart, it just didn't work that way for me). A smarter person would have printed out directions or at least looked at them before embarking on the road trip, but, chickens, I am not a smarter person.

Anyhoo, with Phil's help, I was able to locate the damned bastion of late-night consumerism, only to find that their dress-shoe selection is even more depressing than I had imagined (I am struck with intense love for Target right now, and always, except for that brief time when I tried to boycott them over their wishy-washy birth-control policy). But I came away with a pair of pumps (ick, that feels wrong to even write) and a half-slip that will get me through my former co-worker's funeral tomorrow (er ... in eight hours), and hopefully I will be able to stow them away until the next funeral, which I hope doesn't come for a long, long time.

I've got to get my daily picture posted, but I'm exhausted, so I should probably wash my face, empty the trash, and go to bed.

Two non-sequiturs to end this rambly post:

1. This shit is awesome.

2. Holy crap, I've forgotten the second.

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you'd think we'd have evolved by now to be able to sense Wal-Mart

Hilarious!

Sun Jul 22, 11:27:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to thank you for getting that song stuck in my head, courtesy of your post title.

If you can't have Lowell and the boys stuck in your head on a Monday morning, life ain't worth living.

Am sorry you had trouble with your search and am glad you returned in one piece to your
Tennessee lambs.

Mon Jul 23, 09:24:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home