Friday, July 20

Hoo, boy!

I had a shitty, shitty night at work. It was almost like I was a n00b again. It was one of those nights when you don't just fuck up one thing, you fuck up lots. All late in the night where it's a crunch to fix your blatant, embarrassing errors. One minute you're cruising, outputting pages, and the next minute your boss is having to call the press room to see if they can save the stupid designer's ass*. And then a few minutes later, when you think the coast is clear and you've stolen away to your car, you get a phone call and are told that, no, things are, in fact, not kosher, so you run — in your skirt and flip-flops, you hippie! — back up to the office to fix your latest round of fucks-ups that are making the presses run 45 freaking minutes late.

Yeesh. I haven't had a night like that since leaving Sidelines. I'm horrified to know that nights like that extend beyond the walls of student newspapers.

*That's me!

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Justin W. McGregor said...

Having had more than my fair share of days like that recently, I feel your pain.

Sadly, no matter how competent/well trained/downright cool you are, work just has a special way of going wrong sometimes. Hell, I once managed to ship a nationally syndicated radio show with all of the commercial breaks missing. I wish those were the sorts of things I could have left @ MTSU...

Anyway, here's wishing you a better weekend :)

Fri Jul 20, 11:25:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dammit!

Aaaaaaaargh!

I keeees you, miss. Along with your four-legged advisers. Because when days are of the suck in journo-world, they are REALLY of the suck.

Don't look at a computer this weekend. Or at least don't look at anything branded Adobe.

Fri Jul 20, 02:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to add to your night of dismay by drunk-dialing you and leaving what I suspect was a most incoherent message.

Fri Jul 20, 02:21:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

P.S. -- Blame it on the got-dang server.

That always works for me. BWAHAHAHAHAHA.

Wait. My pages just blinked.

OH GAWD.

Fri Jul 20, 02:23:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Thanks, y'all. My boss was on vacation, so, you know, it wasn't as bad as it could've been. :)

Mon Jul 23, 02:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home