Monday, January 22

Believing in women

Today is officially Blog for Choice Day, but every day around here is Blog for Choice Day. Anyway, Rachel over at Women's Health News has a hell of a post up about why she's pro-choice. It's so good, I hope she doesn't mind if I quote it at length:

I am pro-choice because I believe in women. I believe there are situations in a woman's life that I/the government cannot possibly manage for her, and I believe individual women are the ones responsible for making the best choices for themselves and their families. Not me, not a politician solely interested in rallying the faithful, not a pharmacist who refuses to fill a legal prescription, not an insurance plan that won't cover birth control, not a doctor pushing too many inductions and too many c-sections, not schools and parents who believe that ignorance=bliss and safety, not states who refuse to protect women from the tyranny of the majority, not the football game schedule, and not those who would refuse to present medically accurate information to women on a whole host of issues. Women. The individual woman in the individual situation. I trust her, and leave her to her choice.


Exactly.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I don't mind at all. Thanks. :)

Mon Jan 22, 04:40:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home