Wednesday, November 2

At least the 'Scene' gets it

Liz Garrigan over at the Nashville Scene has published her take on the bullshit happening between Sidelines and their adviser over Flash, which she nixed without input from any of the student editors.

You know I have much, much more to say on this topic, but it'll have to wait until after work. Suffice it to say that Garrigan writes exactly what I have been feeling all along: Let the students do their thing and get the fuck out of their business, Fern. Guide them, give them advice when they seek it (and sometimes even if they don't), but stop meddling and pretending to be the editor, which you already had your chance to do. The paper is not about you or your your ego or your legacy, and your thinly veiled attempts to pass off your actions as ethically motivated are noble in theory but clearly unsupported by the facts in the matter.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Lindsey, what's up with your phone? I tried to call you earlier. Yes, Fern is on the rampage again, bitching about ethics and whatnot and complaining about the Halloween issue. But, satire will be satire and will thus be protected, so she can kiss my First Amendment shielded ass. Yes, that's all I have. Seriously, though, call me or e-mail me, because I need to ask you some things about this.

Wed Nov 02, 09:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home