Wednesday, October 26

An ass kicking, from me to me

I just worked out for the first time since 2002 or so. I can't say I feel fantastic, but I feel better — not physically, of course, but mentally. I feel proactive. It is my intention to get some sort of routine going in which I a) move around and b) don't get diabetes. Because if I keep pudging it up through my twenties, I'll face the same problems everyone else in my large family faces right now: back pain, foot pain, low energy, neck pain, diabetes, heart trouble, sleep apnea, etc. And as much as I fear death, I can't imagine why I would want to expedite its cold clutches by clogging every artery in my body with chunks of goo I was too lazy to process.

Tamara has alerted me to Fitday, which is a site where you meticulously track your activities and food/beverage intake to see exactly how you're consuming and using your daily allotment of calories and such. So that should help me track my progress.

So there. The ball, she is rolling.

4 Comments:

Blogger T.V. Fritz said...

Did you do pilates?

Wed Oct 26, 08:04:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

Nope, just good old-fashioned treadmill, stationary bicycle, elliptical, weight-lifting fun.

Thu Oct 27, 12:26:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The cross-trainer's where it's at.

Thu Oct 27, 03:40:00 PM  
Blogger theogeo said...

I have to tell you, the elliptical machine whipped my ass!

Fri Oct 28, 08:01:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home